Sunday, February 19, 2006

NASCAR not just for the boys anymore!!!


According to an ESPN Sports Poll, 42% of the NASCAR fans are women!! In fact, women 18 to 34, many of whom attend the races with children in tow, are the fastest-growing segment of NASCAR's TV fans. My obsession with this sport is thanks to my boyfriend and his evil playstation game. I was told as soon as I picked a driver I'd be hooked and boy were they right!!

Women say they are drawn to NASCAR because of the charismatic drivers (aka HOT) and family-friendly atmosphere. Like men, they are attracted to speed and the excitement that permeates race day.

Nextel Cup race day combines the elements of an auto-themed amusement park, a family barbecue and an autograph show.

Today is the biggest day in the NASCAR season, even if it is the first race of the season, the Daytona 500!! What a day its going to be, if its anything like the other races I have seen this week today is going to be a great race with lots of excitement and great things to see from my favorite driver (see picture above-isn't he soooooo cute)!!!

I know what you're thinking, isn't NASCAR just a bunch of cars going counterclockwise as fast as they can until someone crosses the finish line first? Well, yes. But you could also say that modern painting is just a matter of slapping oil on canvas.

So, coutdown to green is on and we're at 2 hours and 13 minutes until Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let’s Go Racing Boys (Girls)!

Posted by lilwolf at 11:12 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home